Oh man :/ well, I hope the medicine works and you can do a good test! <3 good luck
hope you feel better bb :(
Thank you Camila! <3 Honestly, going to the doctor’s in Canada is a pain in the ass. There’s free healthcare here so people go to the clinic for the smallest problems, and you’re literally waiting for 1-2 hours for your turn. It’d just be easier to drag my ass to class and write the damn test lol.
Do you ever watch a video or see a picture and then gasp and say “MY BABY” when it is, in fact, NOT your baby but is actually a man in his 30s
A man went into a bank and started shooting. He put a gun to the cashiers head and said give me all of your money or I will kill you. The cashier took out the money and gave it to the man. The man took the money and went to the next counter and said, excuse me, please can I have a form. I would like to open an account.
chupke se aankhon ke raaste, tu mere dil mein samaiya,
chahat ka jadoo jaaga ke, mujhko deewana banaya,
ooh, mera chain churake, meri neendein urake,
kho na jaana kissi mor par…
Aishwarya Rai for L’Oréal
*please do not repost my gifs in any way.t hanks.
Happy Navratri 2014!
What is Navratri?
- Navratri, which literally means ‘nine nights,’ dedicates nine days to worshipping the Divine in the forms of Shakti Ambe Maa. The tenth day is known as Vijayadashami, the ‘tenth day of victory’, also known as Dussera. Navaratri or Navadurga Parva happens to be the most auspicious and unique period of devotional sadhanas and worship of Shakti. The Rudra Sanhita of Shiva Purana vividly explains the glory of Navadurga, take these nine days to study them. The changing of seasons also makes one vulnerable both physically and mentally, so dedicating this period to Mata Ji is essential. Many Hindus perform a special fast, or vrat for devotion and to ready the immune system for the new season.
Foods not allowed during Navratri vrat:
- onion and garlic
- lentils and legumes
- common salt (use rock salt instead)
- turmeric (haldi), asafoetida (hing), mustard (sarson or rai), fenugreek seeds (methi dana), garam masala and dhania powder (coriander powder)
- alcohol and non-vegetarian food
- rice and rice flour
- wheat flour or atta, maida, sooji, besan
How do we celebrate?
- Navratri is celebrated firstly with pujas to invoke each form of the Supreme Goddess into our homes and hearts. Gayatri Mantra is especially favored.
- Kalash is potted and sowed into Purna Kalash. This pot is filled with coins, rice, grains or water topped with leaves, a coconut and cloths. Purna Kalash represents the creation and abundance of life found in this universe. Kalash is associated with Durga Maa because they both share the properties of power, change and all living beings themselves.
- Garba and Raas. These two dances symbolize the battles that Adi Shakti fought against Rakshas to balance the universe. With an image of the Goddess in the center, devotees perform the dance circling Her and singing songs in Her name. Go dress up in your favorite kurta and chaniya choli and have fun worshiping Maa!
the worst kind of misogyny
is the kind that seeps out of your uncle’s mouth at christmas dinner
or from your favorite movie you’ve watched 500 times
or that snide comment your cousin makes on vacation
from the people you trust
and so quick
so slickly spoken
you barely catch it